Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Let It Snow!

I thought it was time to show you one of the projects that I have been working on for the past few months. I am going to participate in one craft show this year. It is the Octoberfest in Atchison, KS held the first weekend in October. My mom has had a booth for the past six years at this show (she makes doll clothes for American Girl sized dolls) and I have helped mom with her booth these past few years. (I plan on blogging about my wonderful, active, 80 year old mother in another post). Well this year I have decided to get my own booth (right next to hers of course....that's half the fun). One of the items I plan on selling are my vintage inspired snowmen created from old glass bottles of all sizes and old silver plated salt and pepper shakers. Here's a picture of some of the salt and pepper shakers still waiting to be turned into snowmen.Now here are some pictures of my finished product. I have used all sorts of items for the hats and extra embellishments. Look close and you will see old keys, vintage earrings, buttons, thimbles, metal jacks and scraps from old books. The salt and pepper shakers are perfect because the shaker top makes a great snowman hat. I have filled the inside of the bottles with old beads or "pearl" necklaces that I have found at thrift stores.

So, what do you think? I have almost 50 of these made so I hope people like them, otherwise my house is going to be decorated with a lot of snowmen this holiday!!

12 comments:

  1. Your snowmen are so creative and unique, I have never seen anything like them! Surely they will sell.

    Be sure to stop back by my blog if you get a chance, I'm having a Super-Crafty giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jane...I LOVE THEM!!!! I think they are going to be a wonderful hit!!! They all have the sweetest expression ever ~ Thank you so much for visiting my blog, xxoo, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your snowmen are wonderful! Thanks for showing them to us!
    Thanks for visiting to dayfor the "Bliss" party. Hope you come back Friday for my 100th Post Giveaway!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you mentioned them when you visited my blog and I featured my bottle snow-guys. They are very cute!!! They have the cutest expressions.. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane, these snowmen are incredible! I'm so glad you want to participate in my Trick 'r Treat swap. Can you send me your mailing addy (flwave [at] gmail.com)? I'm just trying to keep track of everyone who's participating. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Jane these are so darling. You should do great with these at the show. I have never seen anything like them before. What a wonderful way to use all the old shakers.
    Thank you for coming by for white wednesday.
    Hugs,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea, Jane. So cute! I am sure you will sell each and everyone of those.
    Thanks so much for visiting me today! I have added your name to my give away...
    hope you are having a happy day.
    xoxo Lidy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jane!
    These are darling I tell ya! You are going to sell them all! Who could resist those sweet little faces????
    I've never seen anything like these...too cute!
    I can't wait to hear you bragging about your mother...you are VERY fortunate to still have her AND have her so healthy!!!!
    Thank you for your sweet thoughts about my Dad, I so appreciate you taking the time to made my day!
    Good luck girl and have fun at the show...it's less than 2 months away!!!!
    everything vintage

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them - so dang cute ! I am following you to see more cuteness !!!!
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, this post got me sooo excited. Like you I love to make people things for Christmas! YOu are amazing and have inspired me. This is awesome! Thanks for participating in Thrifty Thursday this week! my friend-you amaze me!Thanks so much for sharing!
    Hugs!
    Leigh
    Tales from Bloggeritaville
    www.lbratina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!! I LOVE them!!!! I want some!!!!!

    I just found your blog and love it!! I', a follower!!

    Lou Cinda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Leigh said that she's going to make these - I can see why...adorable!! I bet you'll sell out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading all of your comments!