Monday, August 24, 2009

Today's Thrifty Treasure

This is my first time to join Rhoda's "Today's Thrifty Treasures" party @ Southern Hospitality. You can visit Rhoda at: http://southernhospitalityblog.com/ to view all the thrifty finds!

I only have one thrifty treasure from this weekend but I love, love, love it!! After taking in Saturday's parade and festivities (see earlier post) I stopped by the local antique mall which had several of its vendors set up outside. I immediately saw this birdcage and cautiously looked at the price....$7.00!!!! Of course hubby said "What are you going to do with that" and my response was my typical "Just wait and see, it's going to be gorgeous". But to be honest, I think it is gorgeous just the way it is. What do you think?


Thanks for visiting. Have a great "thrifty" week.

9 comments:

  1. I've been looking for bird cages too and would have snapped this one up in a nano second!

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful birdcage! it has such great patina. what a great find ....at a great price too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, it is perfect the way it is! I also really like the suitcase that it is on:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a deal, that's a great price! I've seen similar ones much more expensive than $7!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful as is! But, could be charming shabby style too!

    Stop by-love to meet you!

    love, kelee

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is nice like it is. I love bird cages. I have a fairly large one in my sunroom filled with little 'faux' birdies. One of my girlfriends put a ceramic cat in hers and hung Christmas balls in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jane, I am slowly but surely getting through this list of Rhoda's... I think your birdcage is adorable! I saw one for $8 and should have bought and painted it. Why do we walk away?! It looks great perched on that little trunk. Also liked your key project. I have some in one of my posts- you can check it out here- http://sullivanandmurphy.blogspot.com/2009/07/vintage-thingies.html
    Hope to see more of you in future posts!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jane,
    I love it just as it is. What a wonderful find! It would be sweet painted also, but I love rusty wire.
    Thanks for coming by and leaving your sweet words.
    Hugs,
    June

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading all of your comments!