Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Quick and Easy Recycle Project

I was making a spaghetti dinner the other night and while rinsing out the empty spaghetti sauce jar I noticed the nice shape and size of the jar and the indentation where the label was glued (disclaimer....this is NOT an endorsement for Ragu spaghetti sauce...it just happens to be the one I was using). 

I immediately thought of the leftover burlap webbing that I had used in my bulletin board project.  (You can see that project here).

As luck would have it, the width of the webbing was the same width of the spaghetti sauce label.  After removing the label from the jar I cut a strip of the webbing the diameter of the jar, glued the webbing to the jar, added a small accent ribbon and ended up with a recycled container that could be used for multiple purposes.  (I think sewing buttons on the webbing before it is glued to the jar would be a fun idea too).


I'm storing some of my vintage, wood rulers in mine but it would be great for pencils, paint brushes, buttons, etc.  If you keep the lid (I forgot to) you could spray paint it and then use these as gift containers for candy or dry mixes etc.  Tie a cute tag on it and you would be good to go!!

So from my pantry to my studio that's my quick and easy recycle storage project.  Hope my family doesn't get tired of spaghetti!!
      
Tomorrow night at 7:00 p.m. CT I'll be drawing for the winner of my giveaway....not too late to enter....just leave me a comment!

Have a great evening.....Jane

25 comments:

  1. Looks great. I love recycling kitchen jars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought some of that same webbing for some craft projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane,
    You amaze me! Every time I click on your blog, you have some of the most creative ideas! Love the jar!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, Jane...that's fabulous! I love this idea and may just have to use it myself! I've found myself noticing jar shapes lately too, and using your webbing to trim it was inspired.
    Thanks for sharing! (Count me in!!)
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! You kill me with your creativity! I love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat idea! I use Ragu too and can think of a lot of things I could store in this jar! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I could just crawl inside your head for just a day and benefit from the wonderful creativity that goes on in there all the time! This is such a great idea! But you always amaze me!

    Have a great Wednesday!

    Lou Cinda :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane-now that's a neat idea! Where did you find the webbing?

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. How very cunning! If Ragu knew what you were doing, they would raise their prices. It must be our secret!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! If you could see how many jars, tin cans and cardboard containers I've saved, you would know that I need to get to work on revamping them. I will start on some this afternoon. Thanks for your visit again! All the best, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jane,
    Do you ever sleep!?! LOL!
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love reusing old jars... And I love love love that jute webbing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what an awesome idea! i have a couple jars of that same sauce...my favorite! i need try this rather than putting them in the recycling box!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute is that! Oh the imagination I wish I had to come up with something like that!
    I'm so behind on reading all of my bloggies that I didn't know that you're having a giveaway. PLEASE enter me! I love it all!
    And I love that sign that you made from the tennis racket braces. You are awesome!
    Have a great day!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Once again, you are soooo creative, how you see treasures in trash, I'm so envious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jane you are crazy creative. I love this!!! I so wish you could rub some of your creativity off on me. Ragu should send you a little for advertizing their great jars. I love it when you share your projects with us.
    Hugs,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun idea...I love jars :) Really love the little ones and I think they make great gifts once they are altered, like you did.
    Thanks for sharing your idea.
    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great idea, Jane! Don't you love how inspiration hits ~ washing out a sauce jar to looking at pictures in magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You come up with the some of the most creative ideas. This is so easy but yet so cute! Well I guess I'll be adding this to my list of things to do. I have lots and lots of jars.

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cute and quick Idea! Thank you fo sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi jane,

    What a clever idea. Thanks for sharing it!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cute I love re-use of household jars.
    Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading all of your comments!