Friday, January 15, 2010

Art Work Friday

I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date!

I know I'm posting late to the Art Work Friday party hosted by Dee Dee @ d dzine.  I was having one of those days today and had not found the time (or quite honestly, the energy) to get a post written.  But then my son asked me if I got his photo posted for the party and that was all it took to get me motivated to get off the sofa and to the computer to write this post.

The photo I chose to highlight today for Art Work Friday was taken this past week at English Landing Park in Parkville, MO.  English Landing Park is a beautiful park that sits along the bank of the Missouri River.  At this point, the river separates the states of Missouri and Kansas.  This picture was taken as the sun was setting, capturing the colors of the beautiful winter sky.















I hope you enjoyed the photo.
Jane (and Alex)

14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sunset. The colors are so pretty! Tell Alex he did great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live near St. Louis, so we have some very pretty sunsets also. I love how Alex captured so many of the beautiful colors, combined with the white of the snow and the shadows of the clouds -- just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness- such a gorgeous photo!!! I love those colors- Alex has a very good eye. I would be interested in seeing more of his work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He got a great perspective with the river and the clouds. Beautiful, and great inspiration to get off the couch!
    Hope you are all doing well,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good pic Alex. Alex says "Thanks Mom.". I took an similar photo this week but mine was in the parking lot at Target! Haha! The sky was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photo capturing the silhouettes of the trees in the background and the fiery sky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous...of course. Your son must get his talent from his mother! :)
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an incredible photo! Alex certainly has an eye for capturing beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is something very peaceful and serene about your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did so enjoy your son's photo. He captured a beautiful scene. Since all we have is fog right now, it is refreshing to see a snowy sunset. He is very talented.
    Thanks for stopping by to see me too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous sunset! They are usually so pretty at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a gorgeous photo. I love that that he asked if you had uploaded his photo...so sweet. He should start a photo blog, or upload to Flickr. I would totally follow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading all of your comments!