I tried to work on a quick project this weekend in-between pricing all of the stuff that is going to my booth. It is taking WAY longer to inventory and price than I thought it would but once I get this initial inventory in the booth I think it will be easier after that (please tell me it will be!)
So the quick project that could have taken me less than an hour became an on again/off again project that took me all weekend but I am happy with the results.
I bought these old, rusty casters a couple of weeks ago for $1.50 apiece.
They aren't exactly alike but close enough to use together for bookends.
I purchased a huge box of children's building blocks a couple of years ago and have used them for several projects. I dug through the box and found these two smaller blocks.
I wanted to use the blocks as the base of the bookends but ran into a slight problem......not enough depth to the block.
I didn't want to go out and buy wood so I improvised.
I rummaged through this box of rusty harness parts (I'll post about these later).
And found these two rings that were pretty much the diameter of the base of the caster.
The addition of the ring to the bottom of the caster allowed me to use the wood I had on hand.
I drilled a hole in the block.
Another set of bookends.
Thanks for stopping by.
Have a safe Halloween.