Sunday, March 17, 2013

My Mini Dress Form Jewelry Holder

It's cold and rainy today in my part of the world,
a perfect day to play in my studio.

I purchased this mini papier mache dress form at Michael's on Friday night.
It was definitely an impulse buy (I went in for acrylic paint) but it was only $1.50 so it came home with me.
 Since this little form was still sitting on my kitchen island this morning, I decided to add some odds and ends to it and make a jewelry holder.

After spraying the form with a clear matte finish spray, I created a base out of a piece of an old spindle, some "arms" for bracelets out of screws, and a place to hold my rings at the top using a sewing machine bobbin and a nut picker.
A simple little jewelry holder that should fit nicely in my new bedroom.
Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!

Jane

21 comments:

  1. I bought two of them too and have no idea what I am going to create with them.
    Your idea is very neat!
    hugs
    Karen B.~Todolwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane,
    I'm catching up and see your bedroom makeover is complete!
    Love what you've done.. Yes, those impulse buys!! Can't go wrong
    with the price though ;)
    Hope all is well!
    xxx Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. OI JANE, UMA ÓTIMA SEMANA PARA VOCÊ.
    UM ABRAÇÃO DA ELODI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane, lovely, sweet and as always very creative.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, Jane! Love the old spindle for the base.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just crack up....only you would think of using an old nut pick for a dress form....that is why I LOVE your blog...you are soooo creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's thinking outside the box...matter of fact, that's thinking in a totally different box altogether. Yea, way to go! Love your originality.
    Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. simple but perfect - another great idea! its wonderful Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. well now, isn't that just cute all over?!
    it says "YOU!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. That just makes me smile- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful idea! I need one of those!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is just cute as can be after you worked your magic!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. A perfect jewelry holder with charm

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea...and I love that typewriter key bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great little dress form and so perfect to hold your jewelry. Love it!!
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pure whimsy! It will be great in your room!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading all of your comments!